Saturday, November 13, 2004

Balle Balle from Wankhede to Eden Gardens...!!!

The title of this post does give the feel of a Hindi-dubbed English film but let me assure you thats where the similarity ends!!! I am talking about the Indo-Pak cricketing encounter at Eden Gardens on the occasion of the BCCI platinum jubilee celebrations. India won the toss after a long time and must say...they did ample justice to the fact of winning the toss. I was sleeping in the afternoon....my Dad woke me up and told me that India had won the toss and Sachin was run out. Wow..that was sone pe suhaaga kinda news and i didnt even bother getting up cos tat wud av meant compromising on my sweet afternoon sleep...:) But then the crackling display of batting by Sehwag and VVS coupled with the deafening uproar of the "Eden" crowd was tempting enough to lure me out of my sleeping nest. But seeing then bat was worth it all!!!
Then the good work was further carried on well by Ganguly, Yuvraj and Kaif who followed suit. The "sixes" competition between Ganguly and Yuvraj was awesome!!! For "Dada" fans ..im sure they wud be surprised and delighted to hear a word of praise for him on my blog....cos its been a real long time since i told nethin nice about him..;) but 2day i have to admit that he batted well and lended able support to Yuvraj. The Bengali dames were busy goin ga-ga about Yuvraj. Anyways India managed to put in its highest ODI total of 292/6 at Kolkata.
But then Pakistan's Salman Butt butchered the Indian bowlers and of course our bowlers and fielders also assisted him with ample misfields and extras. But it did turn out to be a magical unbeaten century 4 him. Pakistan won the match with an over to spare.
This time it was a well-balanced match with a nailbiting finish and ultimately the game won but as an ardent Indian fan i av 2 admit tat i obviously wanted India to win and I am disappointed abt the result but not abt the manner in which the game was played.

So Balle Balle to cricket as it really provides sum refreshing entertainment!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home