Monday, March 21, 2005

Remembering moi...

Yesterday i had gone to visit some of my family friends who still stay in the colony where i grew up. The visit brought back a lot of fond memories of my childhood. I was visitig the place almost after 3 years. Set against the backdrop of mountains, very unlike-Mumbai kind of appearance, AnushaktiNagar still remains a heavenly place.
I visited the building in which i stayed for 10 years. Children were swinging gleefully in the swing in which i must have swung for hours in the evening. The see-saw was still there and kids around were still fighting to get a chance just to sit on it. I visited my entrance in which i have played all sorts of games like langdi-chipdi,red letter, sunday..monday,crocodile crocodile,lagori, hide and seek etc etc... The two trees across which we used to tie the net and play badminton are still there. The lanes through which i used to run to catch my school bus, the markets which i used to go to get a 1Re. chocolate, the roads where i fell umpteen number of times while learning cycling just brought back fond memories of the "little" me. I guess all my lessons in life like "falling and getting up", "learning to survive", "living everyday to the fullest"..i have got from here.
While i was returning I also met our ironwallah, paperwallah and they recognised me almost instantly and enquired about everyone at my place. They were surprised to see me grown up but they were kind enough to say that my smile still remained as lively and intact as it ever was..
Thats when i realised that i had indeed grown up, for right or wrong reasons, i dunno..but the kid in me is still intact within moi....and i'm really glad that I have been able to preserve the "real" me......

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a similar experience as you had mentioned. What I don't understand is, why people have to rave, rant and curse, when they are in Anushaktinagar, if they are so nostalgic the moment they step out of it.

Certainly I was a ranter too when in. Now i miss it so much, not just for the excellently livable atmosphere, but also because that was my past.

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home