Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hobbies revisited...



In the routine corporate life that I have gotten into, I barely find time to keep my eyes wide open once i reach home, let alone pursuing my hobbies. Blogging,cooking and painting are some of the activities that I have seriously considered for devoting my time now.It is just since the past 3 months, I have taken a call to maintain a serious work life balance and not sacrifice my "real" self to a bunch of idiots. And this is a painting that i recently managed to complete which i had started around 6 months back. Its basically a painting along with some sequins stuck in a definte pattern and it definitely is not as simple as it looks. I was supposed to gift this to a friend on her wedding after neatly framing it. But now I plan to gift this on her first anniversary (yeah thats the time lag)!! And now that she has just bought a new house, I am sure that this would be the right choice..

P.S. Kindly ignore the quality of the pic

7 Comments:

Blogger Arunima said...

nver give up on this. you are quite talented.

5:50 AM  
Blogger Arunima said...

i am sure i left a comment here.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hi, even if i am new to the blogging, I liked the painting which you have done and I know the quality of it, since I am also a professional woman who is managed to balance the life between work and hobbies(painting etc.)and try to use every single moment of my life without wasting.

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Sayli said...

It's beautiful!!!

2:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just curious has it been gifted ? or waiting for another occasion to be presented on ?

achee tasweer hai :)

1:15 AM  
Blogger Naffy said...

ALthough the quality is not so good i find a great admiration for your work. It looks very time consuming and intricate. I don't suppose you've ever considered selling such works have you? I'm sure your freind will love it.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Kara said...

just happened upon your blog after starting my own...

that's a really great painting! i've recently fallen into the corporate world, and haven't made much time for hobbies. i was browsing craft websites today for inspiration, started a blog, and found your post!

synchronicity! and keep up with the painting. i like the sequins!

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home