Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Bhuli Bhisri Yaadein - 2







Fluttering in the air, adorning the hair, available in various colours, ribbons always used to form a part of every schoolgirl's attire. Every school had ribbons according t uniforms or the house to which one belonged to. I always used to like ribbons as I used to like to "match" my ribbons to my attire. It also served as the puppy love matchmaker for me back then when a guy in my building found that damn cute and used to love to irritate me untying the ribbon or tying both my plaits together which used to irritate me. My granny used to stitch frocks for me in childhood and with the remaining bits of cloth, used to make ribbons for me so that then even the design would be same and it would look proper "matching" matching. Nowadays I hardly see plaits on schoolgirls, let alone ribbons. All I see are mushroom cuts or Garnier or L'Oreal colored hair and perms and irons and what not. There must be still some schools insisting on ribbons but on the whole there's been a noticeable decline and guess its become more restricted to villages now. I miss this piece of adornment which brought out the lesson of being stylishly simple in such a sweet manner....

Yaadein, Woh Yaadein...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home