Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Have a Heart....

I travel by the Mumbai public transport (BEST) to college everyday. Its an hr's journey for me and if I'm not reading my daily dose of newspaper during this time, I notice people and make mental comments about them. The bus is crowded in the morning time as it is the peak hour and I generally get a seat only after half an hour. BEST has the system of having 3 whole seats (i.e count of 6) for ladies and 2 seats (i.e count of 4) for senior citizens. Now when I climb in, there are chances that an old uncle is sitting on a ladies seat, I never tell him to get up cos I really don't mind standing and I know that he needs to sit more than me. But there are so many college students who come and create a hue and cry about it, tell him to get up and sit merrily to rant away on their cellphones. I blasted a particular girl cos she showed utter disrespect to the uncle. But noone else opened their mouths. Where's the respect for age gone?? Where's the consideration gone?? What bringing up does this show??? Similarly if pregnant ladies are standing, noone gets up and offers a seat....is warming up the damn seat so important than just moving your ass of the seat??? I think need at that moment should be given complete consideration...senior citizens, pregnant ladies, children with fractured hands(noone offers to hold their schoolbag, let alone sit). There is no use of one being a human being if one does not have this much sense and nothing moves one after seeing this. If one cannot stand at this age, when can one stand then?? Old age is a phase in life which everyone is gonna face...tomorrow the same thing is gonna be done on you...imagine how you would feel then?? Women talk about equality and take seats reserved for them even in buses...but understand that you are definitely entitled to it but not at the cost of becoming insensitive to the core and not being moved by people around you...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

noble thought i say...

me2 travel by BEST, but havent come across such a situation... and when it comes, i know what to do:)

1:45 AM  
Blogger d4u said...

Yup...the homo sapiens are indeed a very complex species to understand!!
My name is Deepa(which I think you have figured out already:) and I'm put up at Mulund in Mumbai..

6:33 PM  
Blogger d4u said...

2iyer: Thanx n keep droppin by...

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home