Tuesday, March 28, 2006

A song heard after long.....

I was listening to an interview of Ameya Date on radio, who was the last one to go out of the Indian Idol contest. According to me, he really sings well. Well, the fact of the matter is he sang this song which is from the movie Gaman and originally sung by Suresh Wadkar. I was hearing this song after a really long time and its depth amazed me this time round.

seene mein jalan aankhon mein tufaan saa kyon hain ?
is shahar mein har shaks pareshaan saa kyon hain ?

dil hain to, dhadakane kaa bahaanaa koee dhoondhe
patthar kee tarah beheesa-o-bejaan saa kyon hain ?

tanahaee kee ye kaunasee, manzil hain rafeekon
taa-hadd-ye-najar yek bayaabaan saa kyon hain ?

kyaa koee nayee baat nazar aatee hain hum mein
aaeenaa humein dekh ke hairaan saa kyon hain ?

The last two lines are my favourite in this song...
Is there something new that you can see in me?
Why is the mirror surprised to see me?

Awesome...the song is completely in questions and answers are yet to be found. Don't know what I would have been without music.....

1 Comments:

Blogger shub said...

arrey who's this ameya date? same chap who was on sa re ga ma eons ago? i'm not sure if he won, but Sonu Nigam was sure impressed by him...
name is very familiar...

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home