Sunday, May 14, 2006

Hard Of Thinking...???

Well i suffer from "hard of thinking" syndrome quite a bit and that too especially on Sundays. I like things being said to me clearly on holidays cos my brain's on a strike then as I have mentioned quite a few times before. Quite a few confusions happened today or one can call it dumbness in layman terms:p

1) First what happened was brand confusion. I knew John Abraham is launching his collection of mens' jeans along with Wrangler but the name has not been announced as yet. And Hrithik Roshan is apparently the ambassador of a foreign brand of shirts launching in India called as John Players. So my friend and me were discussing in the morning about this and the conversation went like:
Friend: Yaar, yeh Hrithik kya kar raha hai..Hide and seek ko tho promote kar hi raha hai aur John ko bhi and both ads look similar...
Me: Now definitely I knew that "Hide and Seek" are biscuits but I was wondering what was John cos I had not seen the shirt ad. So I said again..lekin john ko promote karneka kya fayda..woh tho promoted hai...
Friend: John ko promote karna padega na...foreign se aa raha hai na isliye..not locally manufactured.
Me: But John tho Indian origin ka hai....(I started to get confused by this time) And I said...lekin John tho khudh ka brand khudh promote karega na..
Friend: Khud hi tho kar rahe hain ambassador ke through...Hrithik aur shirts..thik hai na
Me: Shirts kab se legs se pehanne lage...
(Then there was momentary silence)
And then the whole matter was clarified...

2) Then I sat to watch TV...I was watching the news channel CNN-IBN. So in the ads they flashed that the next programme was going to be "The next Buddha". So I thought that this was an interesting title...and thought that maybe some excavation had taken place of some Buddha statues somewhere or some sadhu is claiming that he is the next avataar of Buddha. I waited patiently for the next 20 mins and lo behold what did it turn out to be...it was the West Bengal election coverage and it was the interview of the Chief Minister "Buddha"deb Bhattacharya!!:o I was like the program should have been named "The Next Budda"!!

3) Then the third confusion happened when my granny and my mom were talkin about some long-lost relative and the gossip they had heard. I happened to walk in the room and they were speaking about is a 65-yr old lady. So my granny was tellin "Ya ya she is carrying"...my mom was like "itna heavy"...i was like :o whats happening? hows this possible...then my granny completes the sentence.."ya she was carrying the heavy suitcase at this age"!!

So too many confusions and now hopefully thats all thats gonna be there for today:p!!! but i hardly think about all this;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home